Monday, October 3, 2016

Vocab of the Week: Chatting Abbreviations

TTYL - talk to you later

OMW - On my way

LMAO - Laughing my a**(butt) off

YOLO -  You only live once

BRB - Be right back

SMH - Shaking my head.
(You use SMH to react to something that you find so stupid/bad/ridiculous that no words do it justice.)

FYI - For your information
(Information is simply being shared and that no immediate action is required or expected. Can be used to change the subject. HOWEVER, you could get "FYI it's mom's birthday today.")

BTW  - By the way
(Similar to FYI. Also, a way to introduce a new topic or add information. "BTW we have that test on Monday.")

IDK - I don't know

w00t - Whoomp. Hooray! 
(To indicate something good. "w00t, got at A+ on my test")

n00b or noob - newbie
(Someone is a novice at something. Use this when someone does something dumb because he or she has no exeperience.)

No comments:

Post a Comment